Another week has come and gone, and it’s now time for another Action Points podcast! We are on Episode Gamma right now, and Evan reveals that we have at least one listener. How exciting. As exciting as listening to 3 nerds giving their (wrong) opinions on silly things. Weeeeeeelp.
In this episode:
We talk about our gateway games and comics that got us into the hobby, as well as how we approach recommending gateway games and comics to others. I also give a brief rundown on how I ran an RPG campaign set-up session with my players, Daniel speaks about playing Eclipse and other board games over the weekend, and Evan tells us about BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, and also: Adventure Time Volume 2!
We also continue to have audio issues with SKKKKYYYYYYYYPE!!!, but hopefully we can sort it out soon as well as get Daniel a proper microphone. As always, we appreciate any comments or feedback or hate mail. Get to the download here:Action Points Podcast! Episode Gamma – Gates to the Geekdom Music: Theme for Harold (var. 2) by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a CC Attribution 3.0. Podcast notes go down here:
- 2:10 Let me teach you about why you probably shouldn’t sit in my chair
- 2:57 Shout out to Kevin MacLeod for an amazing source of graph paper and royalty-free music.
- 10:56 Daniel tells us about the games he played over the long weekend, and Eclipse!
- 17:00 Evan talks about the video games he’s been playing, in particular BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien.
- 22:21 A quick review of Adventure Time Volume 2!
- 27:52 We dig into our main topic: Gateway games and comics, starting with Daniel and his gateway games.
- 34:31 Evan tells us how he got into anime, manga and comics.
- 42:42 I talk about how I got into games and comics, and referenced the two posts I already wrote about here and here.
- 1:00:49 Talkin’ about recommending games to other people and new players.
- 1:08:57 A digression about recommending game designers.
- 1:10:20 Daniel gets us to discuss how our tastes and recommendations have changed.
- 1:23:28 We finally wrap everything up and the podcast is over!