We’re back again with yet another Action Points podcast! Presenting Episode Delta for our special audio-audio-and-pretty-much-only-audio experience! Will I ever stop using exclamation point?! Who knows?! P.S. Interrobang sounds like something James Bond would do.
In this episode:
Our intrepid hosts are joined by the incomparable Kat Ritchie, wife of one Evan Ritchie, co-host of the podcast. We discuss some board games played at Eurogames at the Royal Standard, some iPhone games,taking fandom to the Next Level and Kickstarter. Listen enthralled while we discuss all these geeky topics and more! It’s the best way to soothe a crying baby, or treat a llama’s upset stomach. What are you waiting for? Clicky clicky on the link below to get started:Action Points Podcast! Episode Delta – Pimp My Hobby Music: Theme for Harold (var. 2) by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a CC Attribution 3.0. Sir! I saw the podcast notes go down this Internet Alley!:
- 0:52 Daniel tells us about playing Settlers of Catan: Traders and Barbarians, Bloom and String Railway at Eurogames at the Royal Standard.
- 2:31 I report on teaching 7 Wonders and Alien Frontiers at the same event.
- 6:04 Evan gives us some updates on the Story War Kickstarter
- 7:15 I rant quickly about Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
- 13:58 We reminisce about Age of Empires, cheat codes, and old Disney videogames
- 16:30 Kat tells us about her mobile gaming experiences with Plants vs Zombies, Pixel People and crushing Evan at word games
- 23:29 Evan updates us on his latest manga haul: Astro Boy, Monster, Message to Adolf and other Tezuka titles
- 27:37 I check in on the new games that just arrived for me – Legendary: A Marvel Deckbuilding Game and Puzzle Strike, and we briefly discuss updating released board games
- 32:38 Daniel tells us about his haul – Marvel’s Dorothy & the Wizard in Oz, and Global Frequency
- 34:49 Kat and Evan chat about what it’s like living in the Ritchie household: the manga, the toys, the wallscrolls and lots of losing at fighting games on Evan’s part
- 45:39 Evan also talks about building his own control sticks and his toy cabinet displays
- 48:29 Daniel on pimping out his copy of Settlers of Catan + Expansions + a big ass wooden box
- 49:22 Evan chimes in on his fandom of Mother 3/Earthbound 2
- 50:53 I explain expressing my love of Magic: the Gathering through my Cube, which I am also writing about right here on the blog
- 54:32 I report on the You Make The Card 4 promotion being run by Wizards of the Coast for Magic
- 59:37 We discuss Kickstarter, and getting input from backers on Kickstarter projects
- 1:13:26 Daniel gives a very quick review of Shi Long Pang the Wandering Shaolin Monk
- 1:14:26 We talk about Concrete and segue into the use of black and white or colour in comics, particularly in Bleach, Nurarihyon no Mago, I Kill Giants, Sin City, The Manhattan Projects, The Walking Dead and Scott Pilgrim
- 1:21:40 Daniel speaks about another stylistic choice: omitting inks in a comic book, namely in The Last Temptation and Sandman
- 1:23:06 I tell my horrifically fascinated co-hosts about Onani Master Kurosawa
- 1:27:52 That’s all folks! Come back next week for more nerdwankery!
Pingback: The Action Points Podcast! Episode Epsilon | Action Points!·
Pingback: The Action Points Podcast! Episode 77: Circling 2 Years of AP | Action Points!·